You are running your Kubernetes clusters and looking for ways to improve and make your developers faster, better while keeping customers happy.
Here's an opportunity to learn about application operations with Istio, the open-source service mesh for Kubernetes.
Whether you're maintaining clusters in cloud from services like EKS, AKS, GKE, IKS or running your own environment like RH OCP, here's an introduction to get you started.
You will get a hands-on experience in connecting, securing, controlling and observing your first service mesh!
Douglas Burgman - Cloud Platform Architect
Anders Enqvist - Hybrid Cloud Architect
Mariam Massoud - Hybrid Cloud Integration
You should walk away with knowledge on (all topics may not be covered depending on time):
- Deploying an app to your Kubernetes Cluster (on IKS) with Istio installed
- Using metrics, logging and tracing to observe the application’s microservices
- Performing traffic management, such as A/B tests and canary deployments
- Securing your service mesh
- Enforcing policies for your microservices
17:00 Registration & food
17:35 Istio presentation
17:50 Lab time!
19:25 Wrap up & enablement tips
Good understanding of Kubernetes and deploying containers is useful.
An IBM Cloud account, https://cloud.ibm.com/registration
Your own laptop to do the lab