Through our internship program, we are looking for talented young people who are passionate about social inclusion and sustainable development in developing nations. Our goal is to create a brand that becomes a champion for fair trade, social inclusivity, and healthy lifestyles. We want to promote the use of marine plant sources as a crucial aspect of the daily diet. We want our customers to eat more sea veggies! This is a unique opportunity to use your creativity to develop communications strategies to help people develop healthier lifestyle habits and further our cause to create a more inclusive and sustainable seaweed farming industry!
The Communications Intern will work with staff and volunteers on digital, promotional, and event media. The Communications Intern will help develop local communication initiatives, website and social media content, and assist in the creation of Foundation materials.
Interns will work closely with our founders. We are asking for a minimum of 10 hours per week, and are flexible on what days and times. Positions can start as early as March and will run for a minimum of 12 weeks, per agreed terms.
● Assist with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies for promoting the work of the company
● Develop content for promotional materials including electronic newsletters, web site, social media and blog
● Help create and implement an annual communications calendar
● Foster relationships with local media and help draft press releases and reach out for event marketing
● Community management of online and offline supporters
● Manage photo and video content
● Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences
● Exceptional writing ability and experience with writing stories
● Ability to collect and synthesize information from diverse sources
● Must be creative & resourceful
● Must be able to multitask
● Experience with using social media: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
● Skills with Powerpoint/Keynote, Photoshop, iMovie and Illustrator are extremely useful but not necessary
● Experience with WordPress or Wix is also a plus!
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org